Welcome to St. James Parish Website! Whether you are a parishioner past or present, a cyber-guest or someone who happened upon this site by accident, we hope you find our site to be informational and inspiring. If you are a member of our parish, I hope this site keeps you updated with important upcoming events. If you are not a member, perhaps something you find here will encourage you to come check us out, not just in virtual reality, but by honoring us with a visit in-person. May God be with you as we journey together towards eternal life with Christ as our companion and friend.
Your Brother in Christ, Fr. Kusi
Merger of St. James and Sts. Cornelius & Cyprian
Camino of St. James
Camino of St. James
Camino of St. James 8k/5k & Fun Runs
August 12, 2018
The 9th Annual Camino of Saint James 8k/5k & Fun Runs is scheduled for August 12, 2018 at 8 a.m. The course starts at St. James Church and runs north on city streets, continues along the beautiful Hayhoe Riverwalk, and then returns to St. James Church. Following the race is a delicious pancake breakfast. For race information and signup follow the link. Camino of St.James 8K/5K and Fun Runs
It is time again to call on those who made our previous run/walks so successful...the VOLUNTEERS! Please consider volunteering again for this year's event. We understand the important role volunteers play in ensuring a successful event! Please sign-up after Masses if you can help out again this year. If you are not interested in volunteering this year, consider running or walking the event, or just come out and cheer on those participating! We would love to line the course with friendly faces!
Diocesan Services Appeal 2018
“Go and Announce the Gospel of the Lord” is the theme of our 2018 Diocesan Services Appeal. It reminds us that each of us is called to discipleship. Supporting the DSA is one way to share our blessings and the Good News with the world.
Next weekend our parish, and all parishes throughout our diocese, will conduct Commitment Weekend for our Diocesan Services Appeal. This is when we will be asking each member of our Parish to consider a generous gift to DSA. Our parish goal of $42,850 can be reached if each one of us shares a portion of the many blessings God has bestowed upon us. Please prayerfully consider how you or your family will respond to this call to carry on Christ’s work in our community.
New this year - make your gift online with your credit card, debit card or checking account!
Regular Mass Times
Mass 4:00 PM
8:30 AM at Sts. Cornelius & Cyprian – Leslie
8:30 AM & 11:00 AM at St. James – Mason
12:10 PM Tuesdays
12:10 PM Wednesdays
9:00 AM. Thursdays
(First Thursday of month -11 am Mass Green Acres)
Saturdays from 3:00 – 3:30 PM or by Appointment
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Closed during summer
St. James Parish Mission Statement
We, the Catholic faith community of St. James, freely choose to respond to God the Father’s unconditional love by centering our lives in Christ through prayer and the Sacraments; welcoming and sharing our love with all people by being missionary disciples of Jesus and open always to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Readings for the Week of June 24, 2018
- Sunday: Vigil: Jer 1:4-10 / Ps 71:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 15, 17 [6b] / 1 Pt 1:8-12 / Lk 1:5-17
- Sunday: Day: Is 49:1-6 / Ps 139:1-3, 13-14, 14-15 [14a] / Acts 13:22-26 / Lk 1:57-66, 80
- Monday: 2 Kgs 17:5-8, 13-15a, 18 / Ps 60:3, 4-5, 12-13 [7b] / Mt 7:1-5
- Tuesday: 2 Kgs 19:9b-11, 14-21, 31-35a, 36 / Ps 48:2-3ab, 3cd-4, 10-11 [cf. 9d] / Mt 7:6, 12-14
- Wednesday: 2 Kgs 22:8-13; 23:1-3 / Ps 119:33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40 [33a] / Mt 7:15-20
- Thursday: 2 Kgs 24:8-17 / Ps 79:1b-2, 3-5, 8, 9  / Mt 7:21-29
- Friday: Vigil: Acts 3:1-10 / Ps 19:2-3, 4-5 [5a] / Gal 1:11-20 / Jn 21:15-19
- Friday: Day: Acts 12:1-11 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [5b] / 2 Tm 4:6-8, 17-18 / Mt 16:13-19
- Saturday: Lam 2:2, 10-14, 18-19 / Ps 74:1b-2, 3-5, 6-7, 20-21 [19b] / Mt 8:5-17
- Next Sunday: Wis 1:13-15; 2:23-24 / Ps 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11, 12, 13 [2a] / 2 Cor 8:7, 9, 13-15 / Mk 5:21-43 or 5:21-24, 35b-43